RE: ASCTrend

I've been using ASCTrend since it was first released several years ago.

It has proven to be an excellent confirming indicator when used with my
other trading signals.  The early version that I use provides two
independent trending measurements, as well as coloring the price bars for
up/down/no trend.

As a position trader, the way I use ASCTrend is by creating a workspace for
each of the 16+ futures contracts which I trade.  In each workspace I have 6
charts...  from  left-to-right, top-to-bottom:

Weekly ASCTrend2      Daily ASCTrend2       Hourly ASCTrend2
Weekly ASCTrend3      Daily ASCTrend3       Hourly ASCTrend3

(ASCTrend 2 is more conservative than ASCTrend 3, and they provide
independent trend indications).

By glancing at this screen, I can get a terrific dynamic "trend reading" for
each contract, which I use primarily for determining exits.

While I have some personal disagreement with ASCTrend's current pricing and
licensing policies, and have personally chosen NOT to upgrade from version
1.0x (the current version is 3.x), I do think it is an excellent trading
tool, and I use it every day.

(I should note that I use CQG for my primary data feed/charting/trading)

Doug