Re: ASCTrend

I do not own ASCTrend, but I sat at the computer of a fellow who does,
in fact I think one of the men quoted in some of their ads.

There are a variety of indicators, and the bars turn red when they're
going down, and blue when they're going up (user selectable!), and when
you look at the left side of the chart, it is truly amazing.  But I
think there must be some difficulty in actually trading from it, because
this guy wasn't exactly killing 'em in the pits.

If you think about it for a while, you have to realize that if a short
term trading system was really terrific and began to be in wide spread
use, it would not be long before the locals figured out that somebody
was thimble-rigging the game (besides them!), and started
counter-measures.

My guess is it's hard to finagle in the long term, but quite easy in the
short term, and that's why short term trading methods tend to fizzle out
when actually used, as opposed to optimized in Tradestation on rainy
Saturday afternoons.  The locals can't mess with you playing games in
TS, just like Flight Simulator where you never have to pick the gravel
out of your teeth, but when you take your game to the pit, well, it's a
whole other story.

Jim Allen