Re: Top 10/ catscan/aberration

> Read what I wrote below "OPTIMAL" is the key word.  You may have
> run the system for 5 years with the same settings.  However the
> system has been changed in the literature from its original
> "OPTIMAL" settings.  This does not instill confidence in the
> system.

Mark, in your experience, how many systems remain absolutely rock
solid after 3-5 years?  I'm not asking "How many systems can run well
without changes," since that's relatively common, and that's what
Shane says they've done.  I'm asking "how many systems have the exact
same OPTIMAL settings."

I don't claim to be an expert, but I've never seen a system whose
performance doesn't drift SOME over time.  If a system performs well
over a long time, I'd consider it fairly robust even if it wasn't
performing at optimal levels the whole time.  I'd be amazed and
impressed by a system that retained OPTIMAL performance over many
years with the exact same parameter set.  Does such a beast exist?

Gary