Re: Top 10 Sys/Futures Truth testing

Mark Brown wrote:

>snip

> Two systems we bought Aberration and CatScam, come to mind.  We have early
> versions and later version of the same system and its amazing to me!  HOW!
> Futures Truth can keep a strait face and publish the results they do.  Both
> of these systems have over optimized parameters that have changed like the
> wind.  If you look at the original manuals years ago and the new ones now.
> Many of the settings and inputs have been changed dramatically, yet Futures
> Truth has made no mention that in order to keep these systems in the so
> called top.  They have continually tinkered with the settings to keep them
> performing.
> snip

I have up to now put a lot of faith in Future's Truth results.  Altho I
gave up on buying a commercial system as being good for me, I still have
recommended FT to others and thot highly of vendors who have their
systems tracked.  So I'm interested in your statements and would like to
ask a question or two.

FT distinguishes between pre- and post release results.  (pre-release
would be backtesting done with data that occurred before the
rules/parameters were finalized; post release is after that)  Most
people would consider a system that held up well in post release after
several years, to be particularly good and probably not too optimized.
Therefore, what exactly "post release" means is important.

Do you know definately that FT is tracking the changed systems?  If so,
that does seem to be in violation of the post release idea.  Or is it
possible that *FT* tracks the original version still, even tho the
author has improved the system for whatever reason?  If the latter was
the case, as a purchaser I'd want both versions: the time-tested one and
the "better" one.  And then I could choose which to use.  If FT
continues to test the old one, or tests the new one separately I would
not consider that misleading.  If on the other hand, FT allows the
parameters to be changed, and does not at least revise the "release
date" to the date when the last change was made, that would be
misleading.  You've pointed out that the two programs you mentioned have
newer versions.  Do you know exactly how FT is treating this?

Altho I did not end up buying the system, I was impressed with Randy
Stuckey's literature which he sends out in response to inquiries.  The
system results are clearly displayed using the FT printouts.  Drawdowns
are shown, etc.  More clearly than some other system ads.  (I am
acquainted with Randy since we are members of the same omega users
group.)