Re: Re:Purely mechanical

The profit factor of your system (total profits/total losses) is quite low:
    (43/57)*1.8=1.36
A good system should have PF=min.2.0

Conrad

>Here is my break-out system (just the long only portion). I just test it in
TS, i trade it mainly with by hand with Excel

>input: len(20), bank(500000), risk(.02);
>
>Vars:Mp(0), NewBank(0);
>Mp=MarketPosition;
>Value0=Highest(High,len);
>NewBank=netprofit+bank;
>Value3 = (Highest(High,len) - Lowest(Low,len));
>Value4 = (NewBank*risk) / (BigPointValue*Value3);
>If Value4 <1 then Value4 = 0;
>
>Buy Value4 contracts at Value0 Stop;
>
>  If Mp=1 and Mp[1]=0  then
>    Value1=(Highest(High[1],len) - Lowest(Low[1],len));
>

>My research leads me to believe this is the same basic system used by the
turtles, Dennis, Eckhardt, Seykota, and others.

>I am not worried about anyone copying because
>1. none of you believe me  :)
>2. You need at least $300,000 to trade futures if you are going to risk 1%
per trade
>3. Most people can't watch 20% of their money disappear
>4. It is very difficult to test a system on TS that uses a common bank so
it is impossible to see bankroll growth without doing things by hand and
most people are too lazy to spend 100-500 hours testing a system by hand to
see the true results