Re: Bug Report Example

Who could say better!

Why Omega Research could do what it does? Because its clients are
powerless people. They do not have resources (money and/or time) to
fight back. They (TS users) can not count on general public support (who
will cry for a "poor" speculator?), they (TS users) have no any
political capital (can not be used by politicians for their gains). So
you can sh... on TS users as much as you want and can.

Could you imagine selling software of TS quality to a major brokerages
houses, banks?

Well, comrades, we are stack.

Gaius Marius wrote:

> What did you expect from an Omega Solution Provider? The greater the number of newer people who buy TS, the greater the chances that a number of these people don't know how to program, much less know anything about trading (much less having the ability  to combine the two), the better the chances that these people will turn to the Solution provider/ rading system vendor for a canned trading system.

I think there's only two reason HB.com exits (and this is pure
seculation on my part): 1) derive some revenues for data just to boost
the bottom line now that they are a public company. 2) and if this is
profitable, spin off the HB.com as an internet IPO and make a load of
money (why else would they name it "Whatever".COM ?).

> Because of the way Omega market these things, you can probably nail them for false advertisement in their TV spots...you know, where you can "computerized your trading strategy before risking a penny in the markets"? How can you computerized your trading strategies when these things keep freezing up your machines? Omega gives people the sense that if they buy TS they can make a fortune using the canned indicators and system or failing that, go to their "Omega World" where their "super" trader du jour will reveal some trading secrets/insights  that will make them a fortune....Yeah, right!!  Where's the Federal Trade Commmision when you need them?
>
> Unfortunately, right now, TS 4.0 b21 (even with its flaws) is the best
product out there for the retail trader. MetaStock is a joke. Windows on
Wall street is nowhere near TS 4.0. With Ensign for Windows, I'd hate to
be dependant on a one man operation.  TradeLab is vaporware. TraderWare
is in alpha. TS 5.0 or Ts 2000i or PS 2000i or what ever you want to
call it is a piece of shit.