Re: Hedging with convertible bonds?

Gerrit, thanks for the response.  The technique I'm investigating
doesn't really have the flavor of arbitrage.  It takes advantage of the
fact that a convertible bond will act like a bond when the stock price
is below the bond's strike price, and will act like the stock when the
stock price is above.  I don't know enough about shorting stocks to be
sure, but I wonder if trading this way in institutional sizes is
possible.

-Phil in KC