Re: ?? DBC Signal receiver

Signal works in Europe via satellite delivery on 13 degrees Eutelsat, over
the arabic TV channel MBC.  To get it, you need any basic, UK-style PAL
satellite TV receiver (Signal will lease you one for an inflated price or
you can buy your own mail order) and the Signal decoder box which they
supply.  Transmission speed is 19200 baud.  This system is the M4100 that
you refer to.  It works just fine in all parts of Europe.

The "black" box that you refer to, is an old model that was only ever
available in the U.S.  It is no longer supported and it is irrelevant for
European clients.

The basic satellite TV receiver that Signal will lease you is a 'Skardin'.
There's nothing special about it - in fact it's quite an old receiver.  I
bought my own Nokia Sat780 receiver for half the price Signal wanted to
lease the Skardin for, AND the Nokia is a better machine.

Rgds
Simon.