Re: Multiple monitors --- a 21" monitor, perhaps?

Paul, Richard, omega-listers

I use two 21" Hitachi Elite 802 monitors with an Appian Jeronimo Pro card,
allowing six multiple time frame windows and a quote window in TS4 - Win98 to
spread across monitor #1 and half way across monitor #2. The balance of
monitor #2 allows full display of multiple windows of EFutures ( now iFutures
) electronic order entry software.  I find this setup well suited to short
term - day trading in Spoos & Bonds, allowing large, easily visable charts
with no need to constantly toggle between workspaces in order to see multiple
time frames (6 tick to 20 min bars) in my primarly trading workspace. Without
disturbing the order entry windows, I can occasionly flip over to quickly
check on longer time frame charts ( 20min to weekly), then back to my basic
trading timeframes.

I feel that the use of two 21" monitors, placed close together,  effectively
creates a ideal size horizontal workspace that permits me to continually scan
all my charts, promoting the kind of concentration that I find is required
for short term discretionary trading.  I am a visual trader and two 21"
monitors simply allow me to see the market better than I could before.  But
obviously, what works for my purposes may not be ideal for others.

Regards,
Jim Alvis