Frozen icons fixed

I want to thank EVERYBODY who was kind enough to send me advice,
software, etc.  re how to restore my frozen icons (desktop & folders) to
their original state. I ran WinDoctor in Norton Utilities to eliminate
some variables & it came to a point when it asked me to allow it to
reinstall some dll stuff from the original installation disk. I went
ahead & it said some HDAC (?) files were missing or needed updating.
Several times I was asked re allowing older files to be installed over
the newer ones on my HD. I declined. The result was an unfrozen desktop,
Word, Excel, & EudoraPro worked again. And I'm relieved and grateful. I
was advised by some to reinstall Windows (which I'd already done before
I got this problem). I wasn't sure doing it again would solve the
problem. However, Norton seemed to ID what was specifically needed from
Windows & all is well again. Thanks guys!

Michael