Re: TraderWare--Enough Already!

Apologies to you Listers,

	I am doing here one of the things I dislike in others - I am
editorializing, sending a message to this list that in no way improves the
education of the subscribers.  What am I commenting on?  Allow me to
enumerate...

1) Some subscribers are using this mail list in the style of a chat room.
	Some people seem to feel that it is necessary to reply with things like "I
agree", "Good Job" or "Shut the F&%k up".  In these cases, I ask that you
please hold your horses.

2)	Some people are using this list to voice personal attacks, opinions and
objections and to state editorial positions without regard for the impact
(or lack thereof) it may have on the overall quality of information.

3)	People are sending vast amounts of unedited information, the legacy of
the earlier thread, not required for the communication of their message.
Please try to edit out, or just delete, the unnecessary information.  If it
is not worth your time to edit the message then perhaps the reply is not
worth out rime to read, or our energy to delete.  Take on the burden
yourself, do NOT leave it for others.

4)	OK, I have run out of steam.  End of rant.  Every few months I start
reading this list again.  I try to reply to technical questions which lie
within my area of expertise.  I am continually frustrated by the quantity
of useless and even derogatory information.  At least once, I will blow off
steam.  then I go away for a couple of months.  Whose loss is that, yours
or mine?

	My advise to ALL on this list, and I say this again, "If you do not have
anything nice (positive) to say then say nothing."  I suggest that you live
your lives by this motto.  It is up to the readers of this list to police
their own.  As one of the readers, I make this request : "When you have a
personal statement, PLEASE send it privately to the recipient.  Do not use
this public forum.  Please."

At 08:47 AM 04/30/99 , you wrote:
>	I'm new to the list and this is my first post and is sure to draw fire but.
>	This is an Omega list, not an electronic focus group and marketing
vehicle for Mark Brown and TraderWare.  START YOUR OWN LIST.

	Please, everyone understand me.  I do not want this to be an attack
against ANY one person or group.  Regardless of which "camp" the comment
comes from, my feelings are the same.  And those of you who are near the
center of the fray.  Please, pretty please, refrain from commenting to each
and every petty attack.  All you do is exasperate the situation!

	I can not tell you how often I have typed a response to a message from
this list, may even queued the message for delivery, but have NOT sent it
in the long run.  If it is not of actual value, or at least REALLY
important to me, then I do not send it.  When I see a whole series of
messages from one individual I get the impression they are trying out for a
popularity contest, rather than disseminating valuable information.  In
this case, lesser IS better.

	That is my twenty cents worth...

Samuel K. Tennis
    Samuel K. Tennis                              Vista Research
    129 Staff Drive                       voice: 1(850) 243-5105
    Ft. Walton Beach, FL  32548             fax: 1(850) 301-2884
    skt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx        http://www.vista-research.com/
             ***** EasyLanguage Spoken Here *****