Re: DialData - satisfied?

Dear Robyn:

I agree with you that you may not think so but insist that it was "an
accurate statement".

I subscribe to DialDate for many years, after Omega Research introduced
it to my life by sending me data on CD (the data on CD is from
DialData). I tried to download the data daily to keep up the database,
but downloading would simple did not worked: only part of the data would
go through. I spend countless hours trying to fix the problem: Dial Data
blames Omega Research, telephone company, my computer, my modem, my
cats. Omega Research blames Dial Data... You get the picture.

I give up on keeping database current and dreamed about using DialData
for the research. When I download history of individual stock the data
was not terrible, it was horrible. Any quality control procedure would
catch out of range data but is was no quality and no procedure at
DialData.

I simple give up on DialData. Then one day my INDU data was lost (I
collected it from Signal and BMI for many years). "True" or "Print" is
an opposite to the "Theoretical" highs and laws. I spend several weeks
talking to DialData and to Omega Research trying to find out under what
symbol they have "theoretical" INDU data and which symbol contain the
"true" data. I talked, I emailed, I faxed. I was run around for weeks
and weeks. Did I found the answer? No.

My two cats were eaten by coyotes. But as long as I live I will keep
telling people: stay out of DialData as far as you can.

Very truly yours,

Alex.

P.S. I have experience with Signal, BMI, DialData, Telescan, Tick Data,
Foundation for the Study of Cycles, Wall Street Interactive, and
Telechart 2000 databases. DialData is the worst.

Robyn Greene wrote:

I don't think this is an accurate statement.  I can't say Dial Data is
100% perfect - but it's far from the worst data vendor I've ever seen.
Also - when I've had problems with downloads (e.g., occasional instances
where the vendor sent multiple messages about the same mutual fund
distribution) - a call to the vendor has cleared up the problem.  Robyn