Re: Data loss in TS 4.0 - why?!

At 23:01 26/04/99 EDT, you wrote:

>Simon
>
>          I went round and round with the manufacturer of these boards about
>that.  Doesn't matter how fast the board is to us, but how much data the
>board can store, if the software isn't accepting data.    About all you can
>do, is avoid doing things  like opening new workspaces, and loading new
>charts and stuff like that.  Real pain.   Loss of the Tport-Tlink combo
>really hurts.
>
>                   Pete

Pete,

Point understood (p.s. what setup, datafeed, # of symbols are you running?).
What I can't figure out is how BMI users could ever manage!  My
understanding is that BMI throws everything from the subscribed exchanges at
the serial port; whereas Signal filters everthing at the box and only passes
along those symbols in the portfolio.  How can a BMI user with 1000's of
symbols hitting his/her machine be OK when I'm having trouble with my paltry
500?!!

Yours perplexed,
Simon.