Re: MLog.exe problems in TS 2000i

>I don't completely understand what you mean by ts2k crashes when the system
>is verified on about the 5th time.  I guess you are making changes and on
>about the 5th change and verify it crashes.  I don't doubt it.  I have had
>strange problems in Power Editor.  Some systems verify and the next time I
>open charting they show not to be verified.  If I have a typo like I forget a
>) it tells me I need a ; here, yet it doesn't show me where.  Sometimes I
>verify and it just locks up, maybe due to Mlog.exe I'm not sure.  I
>automatically turn it off.  Mlog.exe even restarts without calling the
>Message Log function.

Jimmy,
When I say it crashes on 5th verify, i'm just hitting the f3 key, no
code changes :). TS crashses cause its generates an access violation
in an omega dll... Note I'm not using any custom dlls, just straight
ts easylanguage code...

I have seen the weird verification when I try to create a system.. I
have no idea why when I take a verified signal and make a system out
of it (its the ony signal in the system), sometimes is verified
sometimes it isnt..

Power editor has the some of the same bugs as it had in ts4. The
problem of it saying there is an error and you have to guess where is
one I reported several times.

>I'm going to copy this to tech support, some of these things I haven't told
>them.

is ok by me. I'm anxious to get some fixes or workarounds. As it is
ts2k is just taking up disk space, I still use ts4 since it runs.
I've also copied back to the omega list. There may be other with
insite into these problems.

>Did you see my other post about the Tracking Center.  Very bizarre, sort of
>like your Messages popping up at a later date.

yes, and I chuckled. I'm not that far into trying stuff in ts2k until
I see the basics work. Which means I have to see a chart, my system
which draws on the chart, and the message window.. Then I'll branch
out :)

>I'm keen to get the next build or service pack, whatever they call it.  I'm

its a bit un-nerving they have no idea of a time frame for the
"service pack"..I'm concerned we may see a service pack for this
millenium and one more in the next and thats it...

>so tickled that after a month I am getting data and keeping it all day long
>now.  It is hard to check systems when your data is gone.  Historybank
>doesn't have bid by the minute or tick for OEX options, so when I loose it
>its gone.  I didn't want to ask anyone else on the list for it because every
>time I got data I would loose more the next day.  I've waited a long time to
>chart the bid on options and I'm just happy I'm trading again after nearly a
>month off.

History bank is useless to me since omega doesnt mention it cannot
operate behind a firewall. If they would just let the ftp be in
passive mode it would work. I havent the time yet to look at what
ports they need open so it will probably become a pay 4 service
before I ever get to see it.

>Good trading to you.

ditto

-jim
---
TS2k waiting for bug fixes in service packs due at some future date....
Omega Block#: 24250,                cust#: 124414
Jim McHale,NM1W                     First Strike Software Inc
Mac/NT/Unix/Oracle/VMS consulting   603-329-7885
mailto:mchale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   http://www.FirstStrike-Inc.com