Re: SC Data entry

From: King <mking@xxxxxxxx>
To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, April 24, 1999 12:11 PM
Subject: SC Data entry

> >HI!  I'm new to the list and have a problem that someone more
> >knowledgeable may be able to solve.  I  have SC 4.0 EOD. Some time
ago I
> >received a virus which wiped out all my data files. I went to Omega
for
> >refresh data but was told by tech support that it was only
available for
> >SC RT. I track just a few futures & don't day trade so I wouldn't
be
> >interested in upgrading to RT. I also don't want to pay a lot for
data
> >vendors as I prefer to manually enter data. SC for some reason will
not
> >let you start entering data manually until you have a data base,
even
> >though it's only one day's data. I would think it's possible to
enter
> >the data manually to get started but HOW is it done?  Can anyone
help
> >solve this problem?
> >
> >Thanks in advance for any assistance.
> >
> >                                                  Al Hussman
> >

> I think I remember in SC2.1 I had to create a text file in a spread
sheet or
> text editor and import it into the data manager. Then your all set
to add
> data manually. Not sure, but I seem to recall the text file needs at
least 3
> days data to be importable. Read the manual to get the right format.
One
> file for each symbol.
>
> SC4 might be similar.
>
> David

Yes, you can enter comma-delimited data in an ASCII editor or
spreadsheet (exported as comma-delimited ascii) and import it into
SC4. You can use one of several default sequences, or create your own
sequence with a header in each file or a global DOP file. Make sure
you have a carriage return at the end of the final line or it will be
ignored.

Josh