Yet another neat technology

I see more thought by list members of rolling their own systems, given
the state of the Omega world.  Just want to point to a neat new (FREE!)
tool that's available, "VNC".  This lets one create a window on one
networked computer that displays and controls what goes on on another
computer on the net.  NO MATTER WHAT OPERATING SYSTEM THE OTHER COMPUTER
IS RUNNING!   I.e., my Mac can have a window that is viewing and controlling
my Windows NT machine.

See:

http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc

Yes, free software from AT&T (they inherited this software in a takeover
of the Cambridge England facility).

Those of you who want mutliple displays could grab a 486 w/ monitor
for el cheapo and create a rack of displays, I suppose.  Caveat:  I
have NOT done this ...

Cheers,
Rob Lake
rbl@xxxxxxxxxxx