Re: Omega Record Revenues And 51% Increase In Income

Dear Mark;

Though I certainly am no lawyer, I'm would never be willing to take the
liability risks associated with setting up a web site (or publishing in any
way) comments adverse to Omega Research's products, regardless how good or
bad they may be.  Worse still is the hostile, inflammatory language that
appears in these e-mails and on the web site coupled with threats like words
to the effect that he is nowhere near through citing all the bugs in the
Omega Research applications.

If you hope to see any bugs that may exist in 2000i or whatever of their
applications corrected.  That is NOT the way to go about it.  It IS a good
way to wind up sitting at the defense table in civil action which Omega
Research is probably better situated to pursue financially than the
defendant.

If you want to get the problems resolved, the best way to go about it is to
clearly identify the problems in writing WITHOUT ANY hostile, heated, or
inflammatory language.  Just basically explain what happens or what's wrong
with the program and what ill effect or hardship that causes you.  Of
course, you should respectfully urge the addressee to have the problem or
problems repaired at the earliest possible moment.  And, very important, I
cannot express strongly enough the need to address such correspondence to
the President or Chief Executive Officer, whoever that may be BY NAME.  If
you don't know the name, FIND OUT.  It's as easy to do as a simple phone to
the research desk of your local library.  Find out their name AND THEIR
mailing address (which are often different from the company's offices and
plants.  If you elect to fax your correspondence, it's worth a call to their
office beforehand to get that person's individual fax number.  Faxes of this
nature sent to the main fax number may never see the CEO's desk or even
his/her waste basket.

I am not trying to delude you into believing that your correspondence will
actually reach the CEO.  But, if properly sent and respectfully worded, it
WILL fall into the hands of a CEO's assistant or a VP who can and most
likely will deal with the problem, hopefully in a way that benefits
everyone.

As for the bugs web site?  I'd delete that in a New York minute.

With kindest regards,

Dick Smith
Dick@xxxxxxxxxx