Reactivity Indicator

Omega List,

This post should be of interest to those who downloaded the Reactivity
Indicator as coded by Dave DeLuca (both versions).

Al Geitzen contacted me in response to the posting of Dave DeLuca's code for
the Reactivity Indicator.  Posted below is the edited text of our
conversation (redundancy snipped).  Al requested that I post his response to
the list.
Furthermore I have no real experience with any coded version of the
Reactivity Indicator nor have I read Geitzen's book.
Kelly

********** Initial response to the posting of the DeLuca code.
Beware;

I have tested DeLuca's version of the Reactivity Indicator in the past, and
it does not
give correct results.

Al Gietzen

********* My response

>Could you be more specific?  Can you suggest changes to correct or code to
>replace the incorrect code?  I don't use the indicator myself (haven't read
>your book so application is vague).  Would you consider a short 'how to' on
>the use of this indicator?    Thanks, Kelly

***************Al Geitzens response.

Kelly:

The one I tested was the older version.  It didn't take long looking at the
newer version to find that it is also seriously flawed.  So I've revised the
suggested posting as follows:

"When I tested DeLuca's version a couple of years ago I found that it gave
seriously incorrect results which showed many more frequent and more serious
critcal range penetrations than the "correct" version.  I was recently asked
to review a more recently posted version.  Reviewing the programming as sent
to me reveals serious flaws in it as well.  It is certainly unfortunate that
flawed versions has been promulgated on the web by unauthorized persons.

Even the correct indicator by itself is of significantly less value without
the balance of the system; particularly the corresponding trailing cycle
detrend.  The Market Reactivity System software (which includes the
indicators, detrend, and risk management) is available for Omega or
spreadsheet platforms.  If you are interested in system, you may wish to
visit http://home.utm.net/alventur/. "

Thanks,

Al Gietzen