wrap software.  From today's

   Network Computing Newsletter #89
   http://www.networkcomputing.com/
   Monday, April 19, 1999

   Feature: UCC 2B: The New Law of Shrink-Wrap
   Beware of UCC 2B! The new law of shrink-wrap threatens to change
   the way large and small enterprises purchase and use software.
   Read how at:
   http://www.networkcomputing.com/1008/1008f1.html

UCC == Universal Commercial Code

I don't think you will believe this could be a real proposal if you
read the articles at the referenced URL.  It boggles the mind, mine
at least.  If this passes, the omega-list and all others like it will
disappear because no one will be able to criticize software if the shrink
wrap license prohibits it - yep, free speech contracted right out the
window without your signature.   Moreover, you won't necessarily be able
to read the license before you purchase a product if I read the articles
correctly (I was reading fast).  This is an amazing proposal.  I leave
it to your imagination how it may effect Omega products.

Rod