Re: CL_Bands on Indicators

At 02:56 PM 4/18/99 -0400, Charles Kaucher wrote:
>Here is the reference on Amazon/
>
><http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0070120625/qid%3D924462002/002-3900
>641-1609222>
>echnical Analysis for the Trading Professional : Strategies and Techniques for
>Today's Turbulent
>Financial Markets
>by Constance M. Brown, George C. Lane
>List Price: $49.95
>Our Price: $34.97
>You Save: $14.98 (30%)
>
>Availability: This title usually ships within 2-3 days.
>
>Hardcover - 341 pages (April 1999)
>McGraw-Hill; ISBN: 0070120625 ; Dimensions (in inches): 1.16 x 9.57 x 7.67
>
>Hey Manning.  Do I get a autographged copy for posting this? :>)
>
>At 02:35 PM 4/18/99 -0400, ManningSto@xxxxxxx wrote:
>>"Technical Analysis for the Trading Professional" (McGraw Hill) is an
>>advanced book about indicators, oscillators, etc. The author (C. Brown)
>>really digs into the myths of indicator usage and offers her own suggestions
>>for better usage. There is also a very interesting chapter on "New Methods
>>for Improving Indicator Timing and Filtering Premature Signals" This is the
>>best writing I have seen on the use of volatility bands on oscillators. (The
>>ela for each study is included in the book.)
>>
>>I have known Connie Brown since 1989 and respect her work. There is no
>>business relationship.
>>
>>Manning Stoller

A couple of comments: This book deals with the Fibonacci school of thought,
so make sure that is concordant with your belief system before purchasing.
Also note that the Amazon customer review rating (5 stars!) comes from a
single "customer" reviewer - George C. Lane - who just happens to have
written the foreword to the book.

Allan

"Getting rid of a delusion makes us wiser than getting hold of a truth." -
Ludwig Borne