Re: CL_Crash Indicator

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: CL_Crash Indicator
  • From: wong <whs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 03:18:13 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All:

Just visited the Pitbull Investor website a minute ago.

Re the crash index and other comments, Mr. Ford mentioned:

-4 (neutral) as of 4/13; still under bear alert

long term (3-6 months) bullish
intermediate term (1-3 months) bullish
short term - wannabe bullish and gotta be prudent

I've been reading his messages on crash index etc.

It seems he's more long-term bullish than bearish, though occasionally he
doesn't plunging into the bear side.

As I said earlier, it ain't dead til' it's dead.  One doesn't know when the
bull is dead and the bear reigns until the bull is dead and the bear
reigns.  Hindsight will tell all.

Meanwhile, I'm still working on the long side, with my averaging down buy
systems.

EMC dropped quite a bit, and was downgraded.  This is an excellent company.
 I'm looking to buy the leaps calls again some time in the future.  Some
indicators may be useful - bollinger bands, n-bar hi/low (the one I posted
earlier), amak, slowd etc etc.  The trick is to try to bottomfish somewhere
down the road.

Regards,

Wong