Discussion Forums

Would anyone here be interested in having additional means
of supporting users on the mailing list?  I would like to
setup forums on my discussion board with interested
individuals being the moderator of forums that interested
them.  Yes, it's FREE.

Note: We are only interested in Forums related to Financial
Markets, Stocks, Commodities/Futures, Trading Software,
Trading Tools (ex: Excel), Technical Analysis and
Programming as related to trading.

This would not replace the mailing.  It would however
provide a source of information to others that may have
missed some very interesting postings in the past to the
mailing list.  Also, individuals who would normally
unsubscribe to the mailing list, do to their mail boxes
being filled with topics that don't interest them, would
still be able to follow and participate in discussions.

A few discussion forum features:
1. "Email this topic to a friend" feature will e-mail a
complete thread.  This could be used to e-mail the more
interesting threads to your mailing list.
2. Users can post a message and activate the "e-mail
notification" for that messages only.  That way they only
received e-mails when others reply to their post.
3. There is also a nice "Printer-friendly format" feature
that will format the thread before printing.  This makes it
easy to print nicely formatted threads you can file away for
future reference.

There are others but I stop here.  Please have a look and
you decide.

http://www.protraders.com/cgi-bin/protraders/forums.cgi

Frederick Braden
fbraden@xxxxxxxxxx