RE: Let's find the best data vendor

Thanks to all that sent these figures.

The following are the number of ticks reported from six sources other than
my own BMI Cable.

No one reported DTN, Quote.com, PC Quote, Reuters, S&P Comstock, or SOL.  If
anyone sends me the number of ticks on the issues below from (DTN,
Quote.com, PC Quote, Reuters, S&P Comstock, or SOL) for the most recent
date, I'll show them vs Bloomberg and BMI Cable.

Cleanliness of data is important.  Timeliness, in my book is even more
important.  Quantity is important if you are executing trades off a tick
chart.

Comparing number of ticks may not be the best way to find the best data
vendor.  Maybe FutureSource is more real time than BMI, I don't know.  I
figure BMI is 6-8 seconds behind the pit, sometimes much worse.

So, if anyone KNOWS the best real-time data vendor, please let us all in on
it.

-david

4/6/99
DSP9M