Re: TS2k, no problems yet

>>Im happy for you that TS2K is running well,
>>but 67 symbols just wont cut it here except to play
>>around.

It only takes one stock and one system/method to make money in the stock
market. I only imported 52 stocks and indexes into TS2Ki running on a
266MHz P2 with 128Mb SDRAM. According to Win98 Resource Meter I have 36%
System free, 36% User free, and 70% GDI free. And these resources keep
falling throughout the trading day. I have 15 WorkSpaces open with 18
intraday charts, 16 EOD charts, Tracking Center, two Quote pages, and
NewsMonitor. I certainly do not consider this an efficient use of
resources. TS4 leaves 56% System, 56% User and 72% GDI free, and is steady
throughout the day. It means we still must dedicate one machine to TS and
run our other applications on a second machine.

I notice using Norton System Info that TS2Ki only uses 95% of my processor
while TS4 uses 100%. Now, there's an improvement, looks like 32bit really
helped TS2Ki. Global Server uses 22Mb of memory, Charting four one minute
charts 15Mb (strange this Workspace is a separate item), Tracking Center
14Mb, Canceled Orders 7Mb, Alert Notification 6Mb, NewsMonitor 13Mb,
Charting module 39Mb, for total memory usage of approx 116Mb.

One of the worst aspects of the upgrade package is the lack of printed
manuals. Who wants to read an online manual after staring at stock charts
all day? My middle aged eyes require paper after a long trading day.

Another big irritation is that I have to maximize one chart on each
WorkSpace every time I boot TS2Ki since they open as small windows each
time. TS4 remembers what size you had and opens the charts at that size.

A small irritation is that the NewsMonitor adds new headlines at the top of
the page rather than at the bottom like TS4 did. In the US we are
accustomed to reading pages from the top down.

Then there are odd quirks like today my $TRIN/$TICK chart stopped
displaying ticks at 10:30am although the time axis keeps progressing. The
Trade Record shows data stopped at 10:35 on both these indexes. All other
charts are displaying correctly. A friend's machine, also using BMI cable,
but running TS4, does not show this data stoppage.

TS2Ki is not ready for reliable real time trading with build 512, but
when/if they get the bugs worked out, maybe after a few more builds, it
just might be a great program despite it's current faults. Meanwhile, I'm
only willing to play with it after hours.