Re[2]:Tick count ----> TS2000i and Internet data feeds

After that post I would like to also explain the other situation I found while
running both Signal-On-Line, PC Quotes, and DTN IQ.

Several times each day my feeds would stop usually around the same times each
day and this would require reinitializing the SOL data manager or the PCQuotes
manager. When these outages would take place I would run a tracert to the
respective server, and find that there was a server some place dropping the
packet and reporting a ridicules turnaround time. The problem was never between
me and my ISP or on my ISP's servers. Cable, ISDN, T1, etc will not solve these
problems as they are on the Internet at large not between my modem and the ISP.

These outages would occur mostly between 1100 and 1230, and then between 1400
and 1500. I also had my ISP provider ping and tracert the SOL and PC Quote
servers and they had the same returns. It seems that around 1200 is a very busy
period on the Internet, as a lot of lunch time surfing and e-mail take place,
and around the time kids get out of school they are getting on line and playing
the games on line and these eat up a lot of bandwidth.

The result is I use DTN and DTNIQ which DTN lets users have at half price. I use
DTNIQ as a back up eventhough it will not feed 2000i, I at least have quotes if
DTN or my main computer crashes and I also use the IQ news service all day.

I tried to evaluate the feeds and determine which suited our needs the best. I
will answer any questions I can.