Re: What's the deal with TradeLab?

At 05:02 PM 4/2/99 -0700, Gary Fritz wrote:
>"Jack Higgins" <jfh37@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> If tradelab comes out as the product promised it should give TS a
>> run for the money, but only if they include the ela transfer module
>> as part of the initial package. Personally, I just can not see
>> people abandoning all the work in custom indicators and systems
>> that they have invested in TS - no matter how ticked off they with
>> Omega.
>
>If TL lives up to its advance billing (and I hope it does!) it will
>definitely take away some of TS's market.  But I don't believe it
>will ever be a TS-killer.  I think TL is aimed at the "scientist
>trader" -- basically people who approach trading the way Bob Brickey
>does.  (Have you followed the TradeLab list?  Those guys chat about
>Daubechies wavelet transforms, Hilbert matrices, digital filters, and
>other esoterica as casually as most people talk about the weather!)
>I think that's a fairly small niche.

<snip>

I don't want to speak for Bob and I definitely don't want to try to predict
how he will position TL. My PERSONAL IMPRESSION is that TL, while certainly
being de rigeur for the "scientist trader" (nice coinage, Gary), will
enable intelligent traders who don't necessarily have formal scientific
training to get on a significantly more level playing field by being able
to marshal cutting-edge math tools in their approach to the trading
environment.

Obviously, my personal bias is that "scientist traders" have a significant
advantage on the playing (battle?) field. Thus, I think Bob, in the long
run, will be seen as providing a significant public service to the trading
community at large.

Again, this is all personal opinion.

Allan

"There are no facts, only interpretations." - Friedrich Nietzsche