Re: It must be spring!

> My statements were not meant to render legal advice, in fact, I have not
> advised anyone to do anything, just stating what I have recently favored for
> my clients.  From a tax perspective these structures are unbeatable and I
> would certainly advise anyone who is considering any legal entity - LLC/
> FLP/corporate structure - to consult with an experienced attorney, be it from
> Florida or anywhere else they reside for proper establishment and compliance
> of the entities.  I work with many fine attorneys from Florida and several
> other states around the country.  Like I said, with regard to the issue of an
> LLC, FLP, or whether or not to incorporate, that is a  topic that is beyond
> the scope of this forum to discuss. Each person's circumstance will have to
> dictate their best course of action.

I wasn't talking about the mail list - but any advice given to clients.  If you're
working with Florida attorneys when you're dealing with Florida clients - doubt
you'll have any problems at all.

I know this is a big turf war these days (kind of like the turf war among doctors
when it comes to cosmetic surgery) - and - we are probably in agreement that
anyone contemplating any of this should have advice from a competent attorney
*and* a competent accountant (I have an accountant and a tax attorney - and I'm
glad that they work together).  As far as the licensing of the accountant - I
don't know whether it's important - or even what the rules are (when I first
started using qualified pension/profit sharing plans in the 1970's - I used a NY
accountant because no one in south Florida had the slightest idea how to handle
qualified plans for law practices - suspect that south Florida is a bit more
sophisticated now - but I currently live in north Florida - and sophistication in
tax matters is hard to come by here).  Robyn