Re: It must be spring!

In a message dated 3/31/99 6:27:21 PM Eastern Standard Time,
greene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<
 >         With regard to the issue of an LLC, or whether or not to
incorporate, that is
 > a topic that is beyond the scope of this forum to discuss. Each person's
 > circumstance will have to determine whether or not an entity other than as
 > sole proprietor is appropriate for them. I do have a great deal of
experience
 > with this topic, and have recently favored using the Family Limited
 > Partnership with an LLC as General Partner for trading vehicles in many
cases.
 > When used in conjunction with a separate Nevada entity  this combination
 > oftentimes affords the Trader a unique combination of  tax relief, asset
 > protection, privacy,  and flexibility.

 As a point of information - if you do work in Florida (someone said you did -
don't know
 if that information is correct) - and you are an accountant (not a Florida
lawyer - and
 not working with a Florida lawyer) - then advice like this constitutes the
unauthorized
 practice of law in Florida.  Only a lawyer licensed to practice law in
Florida can give
 advice like this to clients in Florida.  Since things like LLCs are creatures
of state
 law  - the Florida Bar may have a good point saying that accountants from
other states
 shouldn't be rendering this type of legal advice to Florida residents.  But -
"I ain't
 got no dog in this fight."  Like I said - it's just a point of information
for you and
 potential clients.  Robyn

My statements were not meant to render legal advice, in fact, I have not
advised anyone to do anything, just stating what I have recently favored for
my clients.  From a tax perspective these structures are unbeatable and I
would certainly advise anyone who is considering any legal entity - LLC/
FLP/corporate structure - to consult with an experienced attorney, be it from
Florida or anywhere else they reside for proper establishment and compliance
of the entities.  I work with many fine attorneys from Florida and several
other states around the country.  Like I said, with regard to the issue of an
LLC, FLP, or whether or not to incorporate, that is a  topic that is beyond
the scope of this forum to discuss. Each person's circumstance will have to
dictate their best course of action.