RE: F2 in TS4 server

-----Original Message-----
From:	Charles Kaucher [SMTP:steinbr@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:	Thursday, April 01, 1999 8:16 AM
To:	Andrew Nopper; 'James H. Snowden'; omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject:	RE: F2 in TS4 server

>So what buffer is that?  Is that the buffer that stores tick data until it
>writes it to the disk?

I guess so.

>Secondly, I am not sure that the 25% is correct  given
>the fact it makes no sense that having the portfolio window open should do
>what
>it is doing.

It's correct all right. Try pressing F2 and watch the datafeed time slow down. At 11:55 EST today the market was slow, and the delay was only 5 seconds.

>Any ideas on how to monitor this situation OUTSIDE of TS?

 Also, watch the system performance monitor. The CPU normally runs constantly at 100%. With portfolio open, it cycles anywhere from 15% to 100%. This on a 150 MHz Pentium.

Andrew Nopper