Re: TS2000i raves and rants

Happy Easter Doug!

Given your experience, would you please comment on my earlier posting
(below) about the speed difference between TS2000 and TS4?  I note that your
hardware is a tad closer to a Cray than mine.  Is that what I need to make
TS2000 usable?  I really WANT it to work but it is way too slow.  I expected
it to be faster than the 16 bit TS4.  OR Support has not been helpful (yet).

BTW, my tests were on 1-tick charts with no compression and under identical
conditions.  I have confirmed that TS2000 refers to calendar days when

And I have uninstalled Office2000, reinstated system files and reinstalled
TS2000 several times without noticable improvement.  If I remove ALL startup
programs using System Information, my test time drops from 4 minutes to 2
minutes.  But even that is twice as long as TS4 takes with everything
loaded.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Kevin Hewitt
Brisbane Australia

---------------------------
Has anyone compared the speed of TS2000 with TS4?

I just did an 11 test optimisation of a simple system on the same 8 trading
days of 24 hour tick data and it took 60 seconds on TS4 and 4 minutes(!) on
TS2000.

My machine is an AMD K2-300 with 128mb RAM and Windows 98.  The system was
freshly transferred to TS2000 and the system was automatically built.  I
changed nothing but it showed 25% more trades and lower profit than on TS4.
I ran both tests with only one version loaded at a time and the Servers
offline.

I had 8 days of data in TS4 but needed to load 11 days in TS2000 to get the
same date range - does TS2000 count calendar days while TS4 counts days of
data?

Even so, the speed of TS2000 is extremely disappointing.  Everything seems
to run like molasses compared to TS4.

BTW, I have the MS-Office 2000 beta loaded.  I moved all the OBDC files in
windows/system to a save folder before re-installing TS2000 and it worked.
I then had to copy a few of them back to get TS4 to work again.

Anyone else unhappy with relative speed?