TS2000i raves and rants

I've been reading the endless griping about TS2000.  It's interesting stuff,
but I just can't relate.

I've been using TS since version 3.x and was a beta tester for 4.x.  I use
TradeStation because Omega has developed a product without peer.  It doesn't
mean that I think either TS or Omega are "perfect" (after four years with
them, are you kidding!?!).

Here's my experience with TS2k...  my first attempt at installation did not
work (later discovered that it was a conflict with MS Office 2000 beta I had
installed, not Omega's fault).  Discovered the conflict myself, although I
later found it documented, with a fix, in Omega's Web Site knowledge base.

Since then, it's just been running...  a small nuisance problem with
printing (the same chart prints with truncated info when changed from
portrait to landscape) but all in all, it just works.  My platform is
Win98/500mhzP3/256mbRAM/10gbHD.  I like the new feature of being able to
offset the right side of the chart window.  Also, I think the decision to
use Signal/BMI's own data server was a stroke of genius.  And I'm majorly
appreciative of having a true 32-bit version.

I've only contacted Omega once since installing... with an EasyLanguage
question regarding plotting in that new offset area I described above.  I
entered the question on their EasyLanguage support form on their web site.
Within an hour, I had a detailed and accurate answer to my question.  Yes, I
am used to waiting days for answers from Omega, and yes, it blew me away...
but it happened... just a few days ago.

So, there's one positive story for ya all...  I'm happy.  And, before you
ask, I am in no way related to Omega or anyone there...  just a customer who
enjoys having a product like TS to use... not sure what I could replace it
with for it's sheer breadth of functionality...  I'll tolerate the patch
kits and bumpy ride for a trading toolkit like no other...

Cheers  :-)

Doug

-----
Doug Forman, MCSE (doug@xxxxxxxxxxx)