Re: DJ Futures

Slippage is a common problem and is more prevalent with certain types of
entry and exits. For example entry with a breakout type trading approach is
plagued with slippage because of obvious reasons. Stops for exits
experience the same slippage when place at key points of chart resistance
or too close where the locals can run them. Another consideration is the
visual quote your seeing is really even at real time is delayed. This delay
can be quit significant at times in a fast market in the S&P's. The Dow is
bigger but I think the slippage would is less than the big S&p don't trade
the mini. Bonds seemed to have the least slippage of any futures market
I've traded. I haven't tried Leo in the e mini but its works great in the
bonds much faster than any phone type order entry. Might get some feed back
from others concerning Leo in that market. Slippage is a handicap for us
all but there are compromises to consider such as market traded, type of
trading and order placement. If he's is going through a trading desk then
two people are in involved and three including himself plus the ring time
answer on how many rings etc.... Get Leo and trade bonds and have minimal
slippage that's possible for a small trader. He's never going to get the
type fills he deserves in stock indexes but then nobody does that's a small
trader. Just the way it is!

Robert

At 06:48 PM 3/31/1999 -0800, Ishmael Jonah Smith wrote:
>A friend of mine who daytrades the e-mini is fed up with the slippage he
is getting on his stops.  He doesn't want to step up to the big S&P
contract yet.  Rather, he is considering going to the DJ futures.  I'd
appreciate any comments as to what kind of slippage he can expect the the DJ.