Re: BMI data

In a message dated 3/31/99 12:02:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, tagteam@xxxxxxx
writes:

<< It sure appears as if that =was= the case (it's in synch currently).
 This morning I noticed ticks in the GS for DSPM9 that started at
 8:29am CST. Since the datamanager is supposed to synch things up, that
 means that BMI was transmitting about 1 minute late. IOW, they were
 transmitting 8:29 when the correct time was 8:30. >>

I believe what was actually happening was the ticks were being broadcast
timely.....just the time stamp in BMI's feed was a minute behind for about an
hour or so. This happens occasionally with BMI. It's a good idea to calibrate
your computer with the atomic clock to see when this is happening. I
personally keep a desktop clock with seconds on my trading desk so that I can
see when a bar will close.

JP