Re: Future of trading data/software

I had the $25/month deal by default because they gave it to me as a 3 month
trial because they were eliminating the category of "Basic" service that I
had with them for over 3 years.  I upgraded to R/T quotes for a test and was
very impressed with their "LiveCharts", but discovered that they were
occasionally lagging --and sometimes down-- due to loads on their Web servers.

LiveCharts is Web-based and Q-Charts is a direct Windows Client that
accesses a network of their "Continuum" servers.  I upgraded as soon as the
advantage was clear.

I would suggest skipping the $25/month deal and go with the $79/month +
Exchange fees.  Download Q-Charts Beta and you're off to the races.  Cancel
in one month (or downgrade) if you don't like it and you're only out your
one month fee.  My guess is that you won't be disappointed and --unless you
have very unrealistic expectations or are a power abuser-- you will be
pleasantly surprised.
At 09:25 PM 3/30/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Sometimes I wish these on-line services had some decent phone support <sigh>.
>
>Right now - about the only thing I use with quote.com are the real time
streaming
>charts on the major indices.  I don't need anything fancier than the real time
>streaming charts on the futures underlying these indices - so I can tell if the
>bid/ask prices I'm seeing on the sector stocks (SPY, MDY, DIA, QQQ, etc.)
are good or