Re: Update TS2000i Bill Cruz

TS2K (9,843 Symbols in portfolio)regressed a bit today
and collected only 100 ticks more than it did 2 trading
days ago with over 18,000 symbols. No consistency at
all!!

3/30/99 Tick count:June S&P day only session.

 TS2K= 3,705

 TS4.21= 2,924

It misses 1/3 of the data that TS 4.21 collects.

How Comforting.

Bill Cruz.
If TS2K was a quality software package,despite the
recommendations from beta-testers,I would not have to
run WindowsNT or dual processors to get decent
performance from ProSutie with only 9,843 Symbols.

Why dont you look into UMDS for the TS GS or
something?
Anything that helps this 2 legged dog move some data!

Alan C

--- Alan Courchene <positionsize@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I cut my symbols down again this weekend from 18,629
> 9,843 on my 233mhz 96mb Ram win98 machine.
>
> I have in the GS,
>
> All Stocks for NYSE & NASDAQ minus the
> reigonal,OTC,OTCOTC, and
> preferred stock symbols= 8,657
>
> AllIndicies=409
> Futures= 483
> Index options= 240
> Forex=37
> Stock options = 16
>
> TS2k actually ran all day with no illegal ops or
> errors.
>
> I had 6 workspaces open including 2 Radarscreen
pages
> with 250 symbols total and no indicators on
> Radarscreen( I did'nt want to push it).Also one WS
> had
> an optionStation chart,optionStation analsys, and an
> optionStation chart.About 20 charts with 100 or so
> indicators on them total.
>

> This is much better than the 2818 ticks i got friday
> running 18,629 symbolsin TS2K, but this is still
> unacceptable performance IMHO.
>
> It is still slow as a two legged dog.I would say it
> not
> quite usable yet it is so slow. The charts still lag
> the feed by up to 10 min. when you Plot charts or
> insert indicators etc..Anyone else notice this lag?
>
> Alan C.

> > 18,629
> > > last
> > did