Re: QCharts New Beta

I signed up with Quote.com a couple of weeks ago and so far I have
been very impressed. I had it running side by side with DTN satellite
and quote.com was consistently two or more seconds ahead of DTN.

Their QCharts (beta) program is nice and slick - runs fast with nice
charting and quote sheets, but only a few of the standard indicators
at this time. If you want more than that you'll have to do some
programming in Excel, or maybe buy one of the other programs that will
work with Quote.com's QFeed - Advanced Get and some others, although I
don't care for any of them myself. Supposedly more are under
development.

I was considering upgrading to TS 2000 with DTN, but I've sent the DTN
dish back now, and doubt I'll be going to 2000 after seeing what
quote.com is providing and at a much lower cost than a sat feed. I can
start up QCharts, log in, and have my workspace with about 10 windows
on screen and updated in about 10 seconds. And I get access to
thousands of symbols, every tick, indexes, stocks, futures, the works.

Compare that to using a program like TradeStation where you have to
collect your own data, fight with data servers and data providers,
deal with bad ticks, missing ticks, corrupted files, backups, UPS's,
satellite dishes - and this is all duplicated day after day by
thousands of traders. What a colossal waste of time and effort.

I think there's a paradigm shift about to take place and this old
model will soon be obsolete. If Omega isn't paying attention they are
going to be eating the dust of players like Quote.com and the
developers pumping out the software that will utilize it. Mark Brown
are you listening?

Dave