Re: "Cult of the Dead Cow" Virus Alerts and Hackers

Mark Brown wrote:

> ...if you do get allot of stuff off the internet do like me and have a
> computer just for that with
> nothing valuable on it...

I agree with you 100%.  Ever since my husband and I got active on the Internet -
we've dedicated one computer to internet use only.  That way - I don't have to
hit him on the head if he downloads the virus of the week and destroys my data
files <g>.  And since speed on the internet is mostly a function of
communications speed - most people can buy the cheapest box they can find at
Office Depot for this dedicated use.

Another suggestion judging from what I've read about recent computer viruses is
to avoid Microsoft Word (which seems to be a common vector for virus
transmission) unless there's a compelling business reason to use it.  Robyn