TS2000 Speed

Has anyone compared the speed of TS2000 with TS4?

I just did an 11 test optimisation of a simple system on the same 8 trading
days of 24 hour tick data and it took 60 seconds on TS4 and 4 minutes(!) on
TS2000.

My machine is an AMD K2-300 with 128mb RAM and Windows 98.  The system was
freshly transferred to TS2000 and the system was automatically built.  I
changed nothing but it showed 25% more trades and lower profit than on TS4.
I ran both tests with only one version loaded at a time and the Servers
offline.

I had 8 days of data in TS4 but needed to load 11 days in TS2000 to get the
same date range - does TS2000 count calendar days while TS4 counts days of
data?

Even so, the speed of TS2000 is extremely disappointing.  Everything seems
to run like molasses compared to TS4.

BTW, I have the MS-Office 2000 beta loaded.  I moved all the OBDC files in
windows/system to a save folder before re-installing TS2000 and it worked.
I then had to copy a few of them back to get TS4 to work again.

Anyone else unhappy with relative speed?

Kevin Hewitt
Brisbane Australia