From: Chris Baker <chrisbak@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Omega List <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, March 27, 1999 2:06 PM
Subject: Re: Napeague Emergency Alert - 3/27/99

:I always appreciate these warning, but I feel very safe with McAfee's
VirusScan
:Version 4.0 for Windows 9X.
:
:As I've posted before - if you use Windows 95-98 and VirusScan Version 4.0,
your
:e-mail is automatically scanned and any e-mail with a Virus will be
:automatically deleted or moved to a special folder called "Infected".
Unlike
:other Virus-detection products, VirusScan V4 detects viruses in your e-mail
:attachments BEFORE they hit your computer and do damage.
:
:VirusScan V4 also automatically screens all files you download from the
web,
:plus Java and ActiveX modules you execute on the web.     For example,
VirusScan
:found a virus in a commercial demo program file (exe) I was downloading
from the
:web - VirusScan display it found a "worm" and canceled the download before
any
:damage was done.    The company couldn't believe it - until they ran
VirusScan
:themselves.
:
:I recommend VirusScan Version 4 for everyone using Windows 95-98 for their
:e-mail or web access.    However for Windows NT, VirusScan Version 4
doesn't
:seem to have this capability.
:
:--- Chris