Re:bmi satellite

This may help if you have a patio, some transmissions will pass through glass,
the DTV will and some apt dwellers in NY have it mounted in side a window.

The FCC just passed a ruling on January 22, 1999 ruling that apartment residents
would be allowed to install Satellite Dish Antennas under certain reasonable
conditions as follows:

1. A lease addendum must be singed.

2. No holes may be put in building exterior or interior surfaces including
walls,  floors,  roofs, ceilings.

3. The dish may not be attached to any fence or balcony rail or common area.

4. Size of dish may not be larger than 3.3 feet in diameter.

5. The Satellite dish may not protrude above or beyond the vertical and
horizontal space that is leased to you for your exclusive use.

Mine sits on our patio and the dish is below the fence around the patio, my
cable runs through the drain holes in the base plate of the sliding glass door.
I use DTN and they provide a nice little frame that sits on the ground and is
held down by cement blocks. It has a little pole bolted to one end that the dish
attaches to.