Re: TS4.0 and Multi-monitor support

  • To: "Mark J. Cerar" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: TS4.0 and Multi-monitor support
  • From: "Patrick White" <spy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 17:42:58 -0500 (EST)

Mark,

I'm running  a multiple monitor setup right now on TS3.5 under
Win98, the same could be done for TS4.0. I have 8MB ATI XPert 98
PCI video cards, with the multiple monitor drivers that I
downloaded from their web site (the ones on the CD are too old to
work). To do this under Win98 you need 2 PCI cards since AGPs
won't work (yet) for multi-monitors.

The key to getting TS to do what you want it to do is not to
maximize, but to restore and resize the TS container (the thing
that is empty when you start up) to fill your 2 or more monitors.
Then you can load graphs galore wherever you wish.

The thing that is lacking is the ability to Stretch 1 graph over
2 monitors. The width of each graph is limited by the size of
your primary display. This is a feature that should be put into
TS2000i (if it isn't there already). It would be cake to code
this.

Hope this enlightens,

Patrick White

>Is anybody out there using multi-monitors with TS4.0 in either
Win98 or
>WinNT4.0 (with drivers that support multi-monitor)?  If I have
two
>workspaces open in TS4.0 can I display one workspace on one
monitor and
>another on the second monitor?  I can understand how two
different
>applications could be displayed simultaneously (one in one
monitor and one