Re: Apology to Omega - LICENSE AGREEMENT

> Subject: Re: Apology to Omega - LICENSE AGREEMENT
> Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 18:25:54 -0500
> From: "Chris Baker" <chrisbak@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: "Omega List" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
> CC: "Thomas Brun" <TDBRUN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Also note the OTHER terms of the license agreement.   As I understand the license
> agreement, if you do anything, such as post to this list, that gives Omega an indication
> that you are using TS 2000 on two computers (such as a PC and a laptop), Omega can require
> verification as explained below.   If verification isn't satisfactory, Omega can terminate
> your license and require compensation.    As I said before, this license agreement
> overrides anything you have heard from Sales or Customer Support, unless you have an
> amendment to the license agreement signed by Omega.

What about the word of the President?   At the San Francisco show, Bill
Cruz himzelf said
that the dongle is gone, and we are ALLOWED to install  TS2000 on two
computers, specifically
a desktop and a laptop.   Of course you shall be using only one computer
at a time.

I wonder if Omega is now using registration software such as FLex/LM,
which reads the
disk serial number (created when formatted) and creates an encrypted
file with your ID.
No one has mentioned this - is on-line registration required by TS2000 ?

(This is rhe dirty secret recently revealed by Mircosoft.  Even before
the Intel
Processor ID number was introduced, many programs, particularly
expensive electronic
design programs, used on-line registration to create these encrypted
license files.
And so did Mircosoft.)

donc