Re: system req

-----Original Message-----
From: MICHAEL STEWART <MPST@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Omega <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, March 24, 1999 9:31 AM
Subject: system req
>Please email me the exact minimum system req for TS2000 i as i'm thinking of
>upgrading my computer which has ts4 v21 on it

It depends entirely on how many, and of what type, symbols you want to collect.

Here's some wild guestimates assuming a new computer- no doubt there will be some other
suggestions.   Maybe some of the others testing TS 2000 can get better performance than I
do.

Minimum for collecting all futures and future options, or say 500 futures and index
symbols:
NT SP4 with PII processor and 128 Meg RAM.

For more symbols - like all futures and indices and a few big-cap stocks:
Put TS 2000 on it's own hard drive.

For all futures, futures options, all indices and up to 50 big-cap stocks:
Add a second PII Processor.

For all of above plus say all S&P 500 and Nasdaq 100 stocks:
Add Ultra 2 SCSI with fastest hard drive, plus Dual Pentium II 400 and up, plus minimum
256K RAM.

For all stocks, futures, and indices on your data feed - look for another product.

--- Chris