Re: TS 3.5 Y2K Issues

"Patrick White" <spy@xxxxxxxxx> wonders:
>When we uncheck the option to mark contracts as expired, will
>this also have the (undesired) effect of the expired contracts
>continuing to collect data, and thereby squeezing out the good
>data at the beginning of the contract?

I don't think the data vendors send data for expired contracts,
so the server shouldn't collect any, once the institutional
activity after FND dies off and LTD has occurred.

But more importantly, remember that, whatever length you set your
"days of tick data to save" checkbox to, the server does NOT actually
delete that data!  Setting that value to a low number does NOT save
you disk space, it simply renders that old data inaccessible to you.
So set it to 9999 days and don't worry about losing anything.

When you want to reduce the size of your .dat file, go through the
standard process of copying out what you want to save, and pasting
it back in to an empty .dat file.  That's the only way to reduce
the size of the thing.  That days-to-save setting is just some
cruel joke, and should never have been put in the server interface.

Jim