Off Topic (Slightly): Network Help

I'm in the process of helping my NY-based colleagues set up a small trading
room for our new CTA. We need to set up a little network, whereby I can
"push" files to NY (from UK) and preferably (but not essentially) vice
versa.

They'd obviously also like to be able to share data between PCs (call it 3
users initially) in the NY office.

Since they're not the most computer-literate of people, I'd like to avoid
complications like a server if possible. I know it's possible to run a small
ethernet network using only a hub, but does anyone have more specific
advice? We'd like high-speed comms (e.g. talking to Concentric about 400kbps
DSL line).

Do we just hang all the PCs (& DSL box) together via an intelligent hub,
nominate one PC as "server" and go? Do we need the server PC to be running
NT Server, or can we get away with NT Wkstn? Is it worth having a web server
(e.g. looking at Cobalt Qube)?

All ideas & advice greatly appreciated. Also, anyone who knows of reliable &
reasonably-priced PC/LAN support personnel in Manhattan could they give me
some names please? Any usenet groups aimed at this type of topic?

Thanks alot.

Rus Newton