Re: TS2000i real-time

Dear Paula:

With respect to the difference between real-time & EOD data fees, I
neglected to mention that I trade futures in addition to equities & I have
a satellite feed. Given those factors, I'm paying about 6X more for the
satellite feed with the futures exchange fees than I am Dail Data or
Bridge/CRB EOD data.

And, yes, everyone has to begin somewhere. It's my experience that tells me
it can be very costly to simply have blind faith when it comes to a
software vendors promises and assertions.

I truly hope that TS2000i is a superior product in comparison to TS4. I'm
just unwilling to bet MY farm on it until I know more.

Regards,

FPI

At 12:04 AM 3/21/99 -0800, you wrote:
> [...]
difference
>is there. The only difference would be additional exchange fees and if you
decide
>to go through the cable or satelite as opposed to the internet. If you are
paying
>6x this amount then
> that is pretty hefty change. I think we TS EOD traders may be in more
areas than
>you think. We just are not that familair with TS .All traders had to begin
>somewhere? Maybe?
>Paula
>
>fpi@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> Dear Paula:
>>
>> Yes, you pay for the same TS program, but if you are strictly EOD, you
>> don't pay for a real-time feed, which could easily be 6X or more what you
>> pay for your EOD data. That adds up to far more over the years than the
>> whatever the cost of any program is, unless you are leasing a really
>> top-end program.
>>
>> But more than that, if TS2000i is a pig in real-time, that tremendously
>> affects a daytrader's ability to function optimally. I trade both from a
>> daytrade & EOD perspective & EOD compared to real-time is like being
>> retired. When you are daytrading, you can't afford to have the program puke
>> on you at a crucial moment, or wait extra precious seconds to get a chart
>> to appear, etc.
>>
>> And, perchance, why is it, that we've heard from so many EOD traders &
>> relatively few real-time traders with respect to TS2000i? Maybe I missed
>> the thread in which the real-time traders are raving about TS2000i. I
>> haven't missed the threads on real-time & other traders having a lot of
>> problems.
>>
>> Or maybe because most real-time traders, like myself, HAVE paid for the
>> upgrade, but are not willing to pay the price of having TS2000i cost me in
>> my trading by being less than TS4, which, with all its warts, is at least
>> functional.
>>
>> As far as drawing my own conclusions, I will, but not at the possible
>> expense of my livelihood. For me trading & market analysis is a business,
>> not a hobby or something fun to do when I feel like it or to occasionally
>> check to see how my mutual funds are doing. A wise businessman DOESN'T roll
>> the dice on something that is vital for his/her business to be successful.
>> That's why I'm attempting to get as much information as possible before
>> jumping into something that may cost me far more than the price of an
>> upgrade, which, if it were a good upgrade, is quite reasonable.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> FPI
>>
>> At 11:04 PM 3/20/99 -0800, you wrote:
>> >Hi: I'm an  EOD user that relies on this program, but not on a tick by
tick
>> >basis .I get that from  Quote.com.  I pay the bucks, as well as real time
>> >upgraders do, so I really don't like being relegated
>> >to the "EOD zone. I don't need "liabilities" anymore than anyone else.
Also I