Re: CL_Abandoned TS 4.0 users

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: CL_Abandoned TS 4.0 users
  • From: Larry Wright <lwright@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 00:51:49 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Don Roos wrote:

> I assume a patch will not be available and that a
> credit will be given towards the purchase of TS 2000.>

Be careful - the credit may not be what you think, and the upgrade may be
a lot more expensive than you think.

> There are still a lot of months til Jan 1.  However, is that the reason
> that omega did not require the security block to be used?  I remember
> thinking that their generosity to allow use of both 4 and 5 concurrently
> was admirable.  Too good to be true?

Unfortunately, it is too good to be true.  I asked specificlly if 4 and 5
could, in *any* way, be used together in real-time.  They assured me that
it is *impossible* to run both at the same time.

Would be nice, and they *could* have done it, but, as always...

Larry