C.T.A.'S

I have received very few emails from CTA's concerning the 5 million dollars
to be given out.  I posted this message in a futures news group also, so I
know it has gotten exposure.  I have received MANY emails from prospective
traders who are individuals trading their own accounts and maybe some
accounts for friends and family.  Most of the mail from non CTA's has a tone
of resentment against my need for the person being such.  I AGREE completely
with you!  I wish it were not necessary that a good trader had to register
as a CTA so that they could get paid for their ability.  I believe the two
(being a good trader and being a registered cta) have nothing to do with
each other.  But the law in the US has our hands tied when it comes to
managing large amounts of money.  I can only get the trader paid (legally)
if they are a registered CTA, thats it.  There are ways a good trader can
work around this issue.  I have done so myself,  I am a CTA but I do not
handle ANY clients money.  I prefer to do research and development
completely on my own unaffected by the pressure of having clients money.  I
set up a corporation that sells automated system signals to CTA's who in
turn do manage clients money.  This keeps me at arms reach and allows me to
concentrate on doing the things I want to do.  It also allows the CTA's to
concentrate on what they do best which is raise money and manage the overall
big picture.  If you are a individual who finds themselves in the same boat
as I (wanting to full time research, but get paid for your work/ideas) then
you may want to consider doing what I did.   There are some really good guys
out here that I have met that are hard workers and not con artist looking
for the next victim.  Many of these budding traders have the brain power to
succeed in the trading business.  BUT they will most likely run out of
personal money during the learning curve.  If you are to endure in this
business you have to have a peer review (even me) to make you come down to
earth and look at the perils of methods.  Many system developers stop the
process when they believe they can no longer improve on a model.  Knowing it
has faults they will not dare trade it themselves, rather seeking someone
else's funds to try it out on.  The person who will make it (credibly) in
this business.  Will be one who, has a concision and is just as concerned
about the clients money as they are their own money.  If it isn't good
enough to trade your own money with it then why would someone else want it?

I drifted a bit from my original intent to writing this message :  I wanted
to make it clear that being a CTA to receive these funds was not my idea
rather it's the LAW.

Thank You,
Mark Brown