Warning on Conducent

This company, formerly called Timesink, has many financial related
freeware programs on their web site.  Conducent has also made a deal
with PKWare (of pkzip fame) to include an "adbot" with new shareware
versions of pkzip.

This bot will create a directory Program Files\Timesink on doze boxes
with (among other files) a tsadbot.exe.  This pgm logs all the web
sites you hit and telnets the results to ad.timesink.com.  After many
hours of trying, I haven't been able to scrape this crap off my nt box,
although I have stopped it by renaming the timesink directory to
something vulgar.

I didn't get my bot from Conducent, I got it from a self extracting zip
file that I'm almost sure came from 3Com.  However, Conducent's
freeware is packaged as self extracting zips.

For this we can thank Phil Katz and Billy Gates.  Geez, I used to bitch
about spam!

Have fun folks.

--
Brad...A Happy Linux user.