Insecured Traders?

For a tree to remain standing firm through the raging winds it must have strong roots.One must learn how to walk before to run. Is a insecure trader is a good trader? Do you think the average trader in the 1990's
Can manage a portfolio with the same financial returns if they didn't have their systems or tradestation or metastock and all that stuff Vs.Him having his tradestation and all his little tools.

I feel so many traders are really too dependant on their systems and other technical financial gadgets and would be very insecure without them,Perhaps to the extent where they feel uncomfortable making a decision without consulting stochastics or RSI who knows?Could it be that there are some who would listen to stochastics before themselves?

{I am not anti technology i have tradestation also,I just wanted to state a concern of mine for fellow traders}

Bryant